Friday 18 March 2011

G321 - Final script

When we were filming we found that some of the lines didnt fit the scenery or the actors as well as they could, so we changed a few lines and stage directions as we went on, we kept a note of every change we had made, this is the new script.


Family videos of christmas, first birthday, school production and at a resturant are shown focalising on Ella. Dad does not appear in any of the videos. Soundtrack being played over the top and mum talking Ella, calling her name and generally acting happy.


Park scene
Ella: (Talking over the images, of the park and her mother standing in it, as a voiceover) When I was six, My Mummy took me to the park and promised we would only go home when I wanted to. She told me it was our special day, a day for us to have lots and lots of fun. I remember her being so happy, I've never  seen her laugh as much as she did on our day.


Sarah: (talking to an imaginary person, thinking its her daughter) where are you going? (runs over to the climbing frame looking into the camera with her arms open) come down from there sweetie, come to mummy come on!


Ella: But then Daddy came and said he didn't want to push me on the swing, he made us go home even though I never said I wanted too.



Party scene
Ella: (Soundtrack still being played over Sarah lighting the candles on the cake, few voices sing happy birthday in the background as Sarah Picks up the birthday cake and looks straight into the camera happily) That year Mummy promised me the best birthday party ever. She didn't let me down, she never did. She made the cake all by herself and was even more excited than I was! But then daddy came home from work and didn't sing happy birthday when everyone else did. He sent all my friends home early and I never knew why.


(Scene changes to Sarah sitting on the bed looking through old pictures of ella)


Ella - Dont worry about me mummy, I'm not in pain anymore, I'm still here, I'll be your little angel


Sarah - Why did you have to take MY baby? I just want my little girl back!


Ella - I'll never forget you Mummy, you'll always be my hero


Sarah - (letting out her emotions) Why do i feel like I'm the only one thinking about you and missing you!


(Sarah rapidly flicks through all the pictures she has and begins to get flustered as she cannot find a single picture of her husband and their daughter)


Sarah: And why is it cant find a single picture of you and your own dad?


Sarah - Is it because I AM the only one missing you?


(Nick walks through the door, it is clear he has been standing listening for quite a bit)


Nick: (Angrily, as if Sarah is a disgrace) What are you doing?


By Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment